Friday 7 January 2011

Evaluation of skills developed

Preliminary task final cut: Doctors.



The preliminary task has been a success in the way that it has broadened my knowledge and developed my skills in understanding how to produce a short piece of film. This is the case for technical skills, creative skills and personal skills.

Mostly, it has developed my skills within the technical area, particularly within editing. Although within the production stage itself, when initially beginning the filming I didn't realise how much of an issue continuity would be. I already knew the basic skills in making sure continuity factors wouldn't affect the audiences' viewing, however I now know that it can happen with even tiny factors. Not only with visual elements; hair, costumes, setting and props, but with the shot styles and lighting. Now I have had the experience and moreso dealt with issues of continuity on the preliminary task, I know that more planning and concentration is needed in order to avoid these issues in the first place. Also it has developed my skills in using the camera itself, and gaining an understanding of what angles and positions make a good shot. Particularly, however, my skills in using the editing suite have been developed. As a group we used alot of elements in the editing suite therefore became aware of the types of things we could manipulate within the programme.

My creative skills have developed in a way that within the preliminary task we tried to think outside the box and avoid stereotypical shots within a genre. Creativity has broadened in the way of music choices, and more than else elements within a sequence that portray the chosen genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment