Tuesday 3 May 2011

Question 7: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


When looking back at the preliminary task, one aspect I feel I have improved on is the editing. When it was the preliminary task, I was very unsure about what different tools were on Adobe Premier Pro and what I would need to do on this software in order to create an effective film. However having high hopes for the outcome of our opening sequence made us more adventurous in terms of editing; we now aimed to use special effects and manipulate aspects of the music in order to make our film perfect, therefore we had no choice but to get alot of practice in using this programme.



 
Something else that we learned from the preliminary task was to back up our footage. When we were doing the preliminary task, having to re shoot alot of our footage due to continuity issues set us back in time by a great deal. Therefore when filming for the main task, we thought that doing at least two takes for each shot would assure that one would be appropriate for the film. In this case, we were not set back in time because we had no footage to re shoot. Our organisation became more adament and we were more aware in spotting faults in our footage.



Lastly, I acheived a personal development throughout the main task. The preliminary task made me realise that alot of time and detail needs to go into my blog, to assure that I can get the best grade that I can. Therefore, unlike within the preliminary task I dedicated time to blogging; which made me more organised and in my personal opinion reflects a higher quality blog. This is one aspect I am pleased that I improved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment